Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to gain our identity back, and then take that step forward (full offseason plan)
(01-11-2017, 03:43 AM)phil413 Wrote: I think it's a safe realistic plan for the OL.  You get a true RT in his prime to solidify the outside and have some insurance as Schwenke wouldn't be expensive and is a better option at C or RG than Bodine or Winston.  Rather than depend on a specific rookie to be there, or to quickly produce you give yourself options and if a OL is BPA then awesome.  

Chemistry wise, the less moves the better but with that type of roster they could still move guys around.  The two young tackles are true LT types, maybe even LG.  So Alexa....err...Marvin...oh man, well in a perfect world if say Fisher is playing much better than Westerman then maybe you see Boling shift.  For the long term, they'll want the youngsters to start, but if they can't you need a versatile backup type and Schwenke would be an example.  

I'd be totally fine with a TE pick, especially if a good one came with one of those picks in the 4th or 5th.  I don't like drafting by having to lean much on priority but I'd like some competition.  Thing is though, I think they're so high on Uzomah, Kroft and even Hewitt that they'll go another year with that plan if Eifert misses time.  

I believe the best move in FA is to get a RT so i am right there with you.

Anyway we cut it we are going to have a different O-line next year and chemistry be damned i hope it should be better
than it was last year with Og at RT. Zeitler is the most likely of the two OL to be gone so what you are saying here is a
bit realistic cause the FO will have to make moves whether they like it or not.

Fisher had one decent game this year really, we cannot just say he is a mainstay at RT and throw another season away
like we did last year with Og. The FO will have to make some moves. Who knows if they make a move at Center, i doubt
it honestly if PA is back, he can never admit he was wrong.

If it was me i would draft Toth or Elfein in the draft and that way we have more of a future than Schwenke. But i like
this move as well. Bottomline, the FO cannot keep Bodine at C, keep Fisher at RT, let Zeitler go and expect to be better.

I like Westerman a lot but i have no faith in PA coaching him up, that whole right side would be a weakness.

You cannot expect Westerman to hold Bodine and Fisher together like Zeit tried to do this year with Bodine and Og.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to gain our identity back, and then take that step forward (full offseason plan) - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-11-2017, 02:38 PM