Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Obamaphone = waste, fraud, and abuse
(07-24-2015, 08:27 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: OK big brother.  You and you're buddies are already monitoring everything, regardless of who pays for it.

Why are we paying such ludicrous amounts for broadband access as it stands?  St Lucy didnt want to touch that earlier.  So you're ok with certain institutions not being taxed at all, placing a greater burden on the common man, but want to ***** about a tiny subset of the population getting assistance to get online to better themselves and possibly become taxpayers...

Sounds like a few of you just want to ***** about taxes and feel better about yourself by reminding those in need YOU OWN THEM.

If you don't want a Big Brother, then don't ask him for a handout.

To answer your economics question about Internet; it's supply and demand. Many Cable companies have a geographic monopoly (like Electric, water, ect..). They have no competitor, so pay what they ask or go crappy DSL. I already stated in this thread that I have no problem with subsidizing internet (more so than Cell Phone) to the less fortunate. I just don't want to pay for them to be on facebook all day. It costs me enough to do that for my own family.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obamaphone = waste, fraud, and abuse - bfine32 - 07-24-2015, 08:52 PM