Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report: Kremlin blackmailing/cultivating Trump for years
(01-12-2017, 07:58 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah... right now I still have serious doubt about that one, too. Especially this whole Michelle hatred motivation seems a bit much.
But in fact I just don't know.

And ironically enough, that exact notion was one Trump used from the beginning. Is Obama a Kenyan. I don't know. I just say... [something implying he is Kenyan]. Ted cruz an illegitimate candidate? Don't know. The father of Ted Cruz involved in the Kennedy association? Don't know. Is Hillary a criminal, don't know. Is that muslim golden star wife not allowed to talk, don't know. Were there 6 million illegal votes? I don't know, I just say it, you prove me wrong or shut up. Who is David Duke? What's real, what's false, what can't I say and imply or doubt and deny? All I know is what's on the internet. I'm just asking. You tell me, I don't know.

And now we don't know either. And he's simply on the other side of his own kind of story. Not that I applaud it if it turns out to be untrue. Not that I'd like it. But it still feels kind of self-inflicted. That's the spirits that he cited. And the trend he rode into the sunset.
Which is a golden opportunity to end.

Bingo. 

But its not just Trump.  Its a favorite tool of the right wing noise machine.  I've talked about it before and there have been a multitude of articles written on the "Just asking" method of getting a rumor/falsehood out there.

Edit: To take it a bit further: When Obama didn't release his birth certificate "fast enough" for his accusers (Trump being one of them) the lie carried further and further and deeper and deeper into the parts of society that believed it anyway even when they were shown to be wrong. But they kept "just asking" and "wondering"...and the lie lives on.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Kremlin blackmailing/cultivating Trump for years - GMDino - 01-12-2017, 09:46 AM