Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Final Regular Season QB rankings
^ Conjecture and narrative influenced opinions. You say Dalton constantly checked down and didn't drive the ball down the field, yet he ranked 12th in YPA, only 1 spot behind Ben (and 0.03 less on average). Ben is known for airing it out, yet you want to paint Dalton as some check down artist. I didn't see it, and the numbers disprove it.

What I saw was a good QB who did push the ball downfield as much as possible with an abysmal o-line and an injury ravaged receiving core that - for a big chunk of the season - featured a cheap FA pickup and a rookie. The top 2 targets were never on the field together. You guys want to use this season as proof of the narrative that Dalton is only as good as his supporting cast, but here's the problem with that: Dalton's supporting cast wasn't even average this year. It was flat out awful. So why wasn't Dalton awful?

I'll ask one more time. If Dalton is mid-tier (code for average), then how is he ranked 10th in career passer rating? I'd also be interested to see a full list of QBs you guys consider top tier, mid tier and bottom tier.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Regular Season QB rankings - J24 - 01-04-2017, 07:41 PM
RE: Final Regular Season QB rankings - J24 - 01-05-2017, 12:31 AM
RE: Final Regular Season QB rankings - Shake n Blake - 01-12-2017, 03:02 PM