Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O'Malley and Bernie forum crashed by Black Lives Matter protestors
(07-24-2015, 10:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It depends on the context.  If it was being used to claim that there is no basis for claims of racism against blacks, then yes. 

Just like I would boo Christians crying about how "our rights matter too" in regards to the recent SCOTUS decision on same sex marriage.  I 100% agree that the rights of Christians matter, but when they make that statement to try and claim that they are victims of discrimination that isn't there I disagree.

The phrase "Black lives matter" is accepted to mean "Blacks are the victims of a racist system".  So when a white person replies "We are all victims of a racists system" it doesn't make a lot of sense.

So while I 100% agree that "all lives matter" in this context it means something completely different.

Well the context here was that O'Malley was getting interviewed in a sitdown and the forum was over-taken by people protesting and pushing their own agenda. His reply to quell the demonstration was to suggest "all lives matter". To support the booing of that speaks volumes
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: O'Malley and Bernie forum crashed by Black Lives Matter protestors - bfine32 - 07-24-2015, 11:13 PM