Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Bengal Defense Strategies and Plans
(01-11-2017, 09:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: From reading the interview, I couldn't hear the voice inflection during his responses.  However, he carried himself well, or at least I thought.  I read a guy that had to tow the company line, but subtly inserted his own thoughts.  Kind of like when asked about Peko, he gave the career Bengal player his obligatory respect, yet quickly brushed to the next item.  I felt like he softly expressed his wishes/intentions of making the defense a little younger, letting the younger guys actually earn their spots.  I particularly liked how he threw in a quip from his convo with Burfict during the CFB NC Game, with Burfict expressing that "we'd like to have a few of these guys".

Maybe I'm reading it all wrong, but I got a good feel from it, and feel like Guenther would have said more if it were totally up to him.

That's the impression that I got too.   I believe he'll be gone when his contract is up.  After what Marvin did to him this season, and reading between the lines of the Bengals not allowing him to talk to the Redskins I don't think Pauli will ever be a head coach here - by his choice.

Marvin is a really complex person, he's done so much for this team and he seems like a quality coach really.   But I believe he is controlling to a fault.  I believe it's the reason Carson left and why Paul will end up leaving.

That's my gut.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017 Bengal Defense Strategies and Plans - 3wt - 01-12-2017, 09:56 PM