Poll: Would you vote to use public funding (tax dollars) to build the Bengals next stadium?
No. Im sick of it. Leave town if you want, im not paying for your stadium again.
Yes. Im willing to pay to keep my favorite team in the city that I live in at all costs.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you publicly fund another stadium or let the franchise leave Cincinnati?
To answer the question...

I think Mike Brown cashed in his favors with Hamilton County and won't get away with it again. That being said, I would vote YES.

I don't live in Hamilton County but I go to games on average 6 times a season or more. I would be A-ok with an applied "use" tax at the bars, shops, restaurants, parking, etc. around the Stadium on game days if there was a way to lower the burden, while not completely removing it, on Hamilton County's average tax payer.

If they could squeeze out an extra $50 (that's high, but I just picked a good sized whole number) in taxes for each of the $65,000+ people partying and hanging around the stadium every week that would give Hamilton County around $3,000,000 per home game towards the stadium. Do the same thing (but lower) for the Reds and just put it into a "general improvement" pot. Instead of building entirely new venues they could spend big bucks every three years with renovations.

For those who think that kind of tax or money is ridiculous, go see how much it really costs to park or what taxes are in big cities with lots of things for the public to do. Hamilton County has it EASY in comparison, yet they want to have a bustling down town area. That costs $
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you publicly fund another stadium or let the franchise leave Cincinnati? - PDub80 - 01-13-2017, 05:11 PM