Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conway Asks: Why Do You Believe What Trump Says ‘Rather Than What’s in His Heart’?
(01-13-2017, 01:13 PM)PhilHos Wrote: To be honest, I think the reason Trump is president is because things were getting too out of control in regards to political correctness and SJWs and whatnot. I mean, we all know many Trump supporters like him because he "tells it like it is". There's clearly more to it than just that, but I can't help but think this was the biggest influence.

I won't disagree that it was an effective talking point and campaign, but do you really think political correctness is one of the biggest threats facing our country?  That's even before we point out that Trump's popularity and support negatively correlates with an area's diversity, so the people who support him the most aren't exactly surrounded by people of races/creeds/orientations they need to embrace anyways.

Plus, today's old whiny "Kids these days are spoiled wimps compared to us" generation grew up being completely dragged through the muck and mocked by the WWII generation, so it's nice to see we just kick cans down the road and learn nothing when it comes to social development, too.

Trump and his marketing team, like any good infomercial, told us we had a problem (too much PC bs invading our lives) and then just happened to offer us exactly what we needed to fix the problem they told us we had.  What a coincidence!  Marketing 101...tell consumer they NEED something, sell them the something that fills that hole you just made them think they had and/or fixes the problem you just convinced them was threatening them.

I'm sure someone else has pointed out that Trump himself is going around telling everyone that he lied his ass off to get what he wanted, so we should drop the whole "he tells it like it is" delusion...seriously.

But hey, the guy is president so I can only hope the war on political correctness is more successful than the war on drugs, the war on terror, the war on poverty, or any other war politicians have decided to wage on our behalf and dime against abstract concepts.  On the plus side, Trump supporters have really started to respect me now that I tell them what uneducated morons they are.  Woah, just tellin' it like it is, man!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Conway Asks: Why Do You Believe What Trump Says ‘Rather Than What’s in His Heart’? - Nately120 - 01-13-2017, 09:26 PM