Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Quarterbacks could turn this team around
I hope a lot of posters still click on this link, although many won't out of "not another Dalton thread" fear....

This is exactly the kind of off-season I am hoping for...get a lot of "nuts and bolts" picks. Sure, I hope they get a difference maker at RB or DE in the first, but they could still accomplish that while moving McCarron and leveraging their draft slot as you presented.

For all the responses that will say "No one will give us that much", I offer this:

You have seen teams give massive amounts of picks for the top QB in the draft. If that pick isn't selected early, and begins to slide, the value could even be HIGHER than if it was the #1 draft slot because of the rookie wage scale. They would get their QB for less money, but still hold his rights for the full 5 years. Look at the Bengals, 49ers, and Seahawks when they had lesser dollar QBs signed (for four years) that produced...two went to the Super Bowl and one went to 5 straight playoff appearances.

It isn't just Watson, either. When Trubisky and Kiser work out at the combine, some teams will fall in love with them. It wasn't long ago that Jake Locker, Christian Ponder, and Blaine Gabbert were all drafted in the first 16 picks of the first round....and that was AFTER Cam Newton.

One area where I stand my ground, though, is I don't want a 3rd and a 4th... I want their 2nd rounder for McCarron, and maybe I would give back a 6th for it(we have three of them), but I want a 2nd rounder.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 Quarterbacks could turn this team around - SHRacerX - 01-14-2017, 01:34 PM