Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Bengal Defense Strategies and Plans
(01-11-2017, 04:37 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm starting to think it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world having him as our next HC.

Having said that, can we please do something about our defensive schemes in the secondary?  If I see one more ten-yard cushion given to an opposing wide receiver for an easy first down, I'm going to lose it.

I was shouting this to anyone that would listen, but they did seem to get more aggressive as the season wore on...unfortunately, that defense waited too long before it really started to roll.  Adam Jones was a massive disappointment this past year.  He was out of shape in the beginning of the season and paid dearly for it. 

I remember hearing Eric Thomas describe Vance Joseph being on the secondary to contest every pass on every snap in training camp.  He watched Coyle this year in disbelief as there was a lot more goofing off and poor technique not being addressed.  I heard that interview the fourth week of the season.  It sent chills down my spine.  It turns out he was dead on.  

I hope Guenther spends more time on the back end with an iron fist.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017 Bengal Defense Strategies and Plans - SHRacerX - 01-14-2017, 03:13 PM