Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Bengal Defense Strategies and Plans
(01-14-2017, 03:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nah, you got me right. I have been known as a "Peko hater".

I really like Domata, great guy but he is clearly starting to fall off and we can find a NT that can just take up space.

Billings does more than take up space, he manhandles Guards and Centers and gets after the QB.

No more one trick ponys. We need DT's that can stop the run AND rush the passer.

Just like on Offense, less predictability. When Peko is in, the opposing team should pass, that is what i would do.

It is a good point, about predictability, but Peko's job is to prevent the QB to have a place to step up in the pocket.  I actually think he did a pretty good job rushing the passer this year, despite the heavy load of snaps that he played.  He isn't going to chase guys down, but most NTs aren't going to do that.

I do relish the idea of a NASCAR package, where they line up with four capable pass rushers on second and third and long, with an alignment of DUNLAP-ATKINS- HARDISON/BILLINGS- MJ/DRAFT PICK, but with Hardison and Billings both being out injured, it all fell on Peko and fat Pat.  

A speed rusher on the right side, and a more capable NT that can MOVE the pile, not just stabilize it and will also eat up double teams (which in his recent interview, he claimed "that's what I do...eat up double teams so other guys can get the QB)  will really help improve this defense, especially against its kryptonite:  maximum protection fronts.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017 Bengal Defense Strategies and Plans - SHRacerX - 01-14-2017, 04:24 PM