Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Bengal Defense Strategies and Plans
(01-15-2017, 03:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That injury pretty much put the season in doubt for me. Sucked when Billings went down.

The dude reminded me of a bigger Geno at Baylor the way he just manhandled interior lineman.

He could chase down fast RB's from behind and is so strong he can pick up a car.

Him next to Atkins would be crazy. We add another good pass rusher opposite of Dunlap and we will be good on D.

Exactly.  And I can't tell you how much I loved his interview on Bengals Line.  I wish I had a link to post...not sure if it was recorded.  He is a very well spoken young man (He doesn't turn 21 until March!) and the way he talked about what roll he likes to play in such a matter-of-fact manner:  "I eat up double teams...and sometimes, I get to split them.  That is my challenge.  It feels really good to have two guys put on you and you beat them both" - Not a direct quote but something like that.  He talked about how he knew that if any team put one man on him to block him, he would just push him back in the QBs lap.  He said something to the effect that no one man can block him...at least he hasn't seen one yet.  

I was initially furious when the Bengals selected Vigil in Round 3 because Billings was still there, only to get him a round later (I still can't believe teams think he won't contribute because he isn't 6'5").  Now, I am thrilled to have them both.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017 Bengal Defense Strategies and Plans - SHRacerX - 01-15-2017, 03:44 PM