Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Margaret Sanger's dream is sadly alive in New York City
(07-25-2015, 08:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Kinda uppity don't you think? Guy shows a video to support his assertion and to refute being called a liar (what happened to innocent until proven guilty?) and the best defense is the video could have been edited. He posts video proof and you post that you have acquaintances. Your acquaintances could be staged/ or edited; yet, no one has the poor taste to call you a liar. Then it becomes a simple case of you're not as wise as me. 

Of course he can be proved wrong. All you have to do is provide a statement from a PP spokesman that states donors cannot earmark donations for a particular group. You do work with folk there it should be easy enough. Simply calling someone a liar and stating that you are smarter than them is only proof condescension. 

All of this would be a valid argument if I had ever said that it hadn't happened before, or if it doesn't happen at all. Neither of which are things I said. I said he never called and did that, and I was also saying that me calling my local PP would not yield the same result. And what you say as something that could prove him wrong is actually not. That would not disprove his anecdotal evidence for a number of reasons. Anecdotal evidence can neither be proven or disproven to be entirely accurate, which is why it is not valid in actual debate.

And I never said I was smarter than anyone. One does not have to be intelligent to think critically or apply logic. They just have to learn how to think a certain way.

I know I said I was done earlier, but I have a pet peeve for straw man attacks. I know I shouldn't let you goad me with them as that is pretty much 95% of your interaction with me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Margaret Sanger's dream is sadly alive in New York City - Belsnickel - 07-25-2015, 11:30 AM