Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Brady and Andy Dalton against Texans
(01-15-2017, 10:18 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Cool   What are you talking about???  My reply has absolutely nothing to do with Dalton.  My reply was in response to so many fans who live, drink, and breathe football and think that winning a playoff game means something!

Someone made a comment in another thread that what a shame it would be if Sanu retires with a playoff game and Green doesn't get one!!!!    Nervous   Shocked  Unbelievable!!   PLAYOFF GAMES ARE OVERRATED AND POINTLESS UNLESS YOU WIN THE LAST ONE!!!

The point, I believe, the OP was making was, that as great as he is, Brady still has off games and great defenses will make a difference 9 times out of 10!

My response was in reply to your "average fan" assertion, and how somehow the success of the Pats and other perennial contenders is somehow lessened because they didn't win "the last game". The fact is, there are the perennial contenders in the NFL, and the average fan recognizes that. The average fan also realizes that the Bengals shoot themselves in the foot with inept coaching and poor management. Only one team is happy at the end of the year. However, it's laughable to minimize the stability of teams who are constantly among the last teams playing. Playoff games are not overrated, because you have to win them to win a title. Playoff games, as such, are far more significant than regular season games. Once a team gets in, they absolutely have to win.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tom Brady and Andy Dalton against Texans - t3r3e3 - 01-15-2017, 10:55 PM