Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Brady and Andy Dalton against Texans
(01-15-2017, 10:55 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: My response was in reply to your "average fan" assertion, and how somehow the success of the Pats and other perennial contenders is somehow lessened because they didn't win "the last game".  The fact is, there are the perennial contenders in the NFL, and the average fan recognizes that.  The average fan also realizes that the Bengals shoot themselves in the foot with inept coaching and poor management.  Only one team is happy at the end of the year.  However, it's laughable to minimize the stability of teams who are constantly among the last teams playing.  Playoff games are not overrated, because you have to win them to win a title.  Playoff games, as such, are far more significant than regular season games.  Once a team gets in, they absolutely have to win.

You are talking to someone who knows the history of this franchise so save your breath.  I also know what the problem with this franchise is, and his name is Mike Brown.  I've been down this road and given all the stats and examples to support this and I'm not going there again just because you weren't paying attention.

Until he passes the baton, which will probably be to Katie B., until/unless that happens, nothing will change about this franchise.and even then it's no guarantee that she will cut family and friend ties, clean house, hire football minds, and let them run the show.

His father had a football mind and wanted to win, regardless of family and friends, but still couldn't win the last game of the playoffs before he died.

BTW, you can't win the last game of the playoffs, unless you 'make' the playoffs.  Twenty teams out of 32 sit at home this time of year!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tom Brady and Andy Dalton against Texans - bengalguy71 - 01-15-2017, 11:12 PM