Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Starting Defense ranked 2nd Oldest in NFL
(01-14-2017, 06:12 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Peko will be a rotational guy (as he was supposed to be this year) IF he is re-signed.  

MJ will become a backup with a fairly high draft selection likely outplaying him and, hopefully, become relegated to so-called rushing downs.  

Dansby will not be back

Maualuga will be relegated to short-yardage and goal line.  

Adam Jones is a wild card (in more ways than one), as if he is going to be suspended, I could see the Bengals cutting bait.

Instead of looking at how they were "starters" vs back ups, look at them as talent.  Will the talent that replaces them be better or worse?

They haven't proven it yet, but Billings and Hardison look to be more than capable in replacing Peko. 
MJ has declined so much that many, including myself, though Hunt and Clarke should have been playing instead of him.
Vigil looked good in his first start, and made a play on a TE that I haven't seen a Bengal LB not named Burfict execute since Takeo Spikes. Ditto Maualuga in pass coverage...Vigil will be starting SAM with Vinny at MIKE and Burfict WILL but Vigil and Burfict will be the likely nickel package...which is nearly 70% of the snaps.
Jones declined a lot in the offseason, but played himself in to better condition as the season wore on.  I think WJIII and Dennard will be given every opportunity to replace him, with Shaw in the slot. 

That is nearly 50% of the starting defensive roster upgraded with the only real unknown being Jones vs. WJIII and Dennard.  I am much more optimistic on this defense with the likes of Billings, Hardison, and WJIII contributing plus 11 draft picks in all.  

I think Maualuga, Peko and a few others should be let go. Let Vinny Rey and Billings start in their spot. Our defense lacks speed big time. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Q - Rhinocero23 - 01-12-2017, 02:39 PM
RE: Bengals Starting Defense ranked 2nd Oldest in NFL - The Caped Crusader - 01-16-2017, 02:28 AM