Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hey look, it's a climate change thread!
(01-16-2017, 07:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: Just this past week I've had to bang my head against the wall when people who I *know* are smart argued that there is no climate change...just weather.

And if they don't know there is a difference between the weather and the climate I can't help them.

Well, the denial is strong in your country and in one of your parties. Can't blame people too much. They see Congressman refuting climate change with snowballs, or refuting sea level rising with ice cubes in a glass, or some global "wobbling" (don't know if I got that right) thesis that allegedly wasn't considered and then some.
And since the truth indeed is inconvenient in that case, one rather believes his ways are not a problem, but greedy scientists are. 

And honestly - those who deny climate change are in some respect the more sincere ones. Most people and countries do fully accept the thesis - and still do nothing about it. Signing agreements that everyone breaks, some cosmetic policies and that's it. Deniers are less duplicitous.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey look, it's a climate change thread! - hollodero - 01-16-2017, 08:07 AM