Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Brady and Andy Dalton against Texans
(01-15-2017, 06:07 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: So effing true. Dalton is a good starting QB in the league. But Brady is Great with a capital G(OAT).

"Good" is ALL Dalton will ever be. He excels if and only if the players around him excel. This has been shown year in and year out. Brady excels regardless of his supporting cast. This too has been proven year in and year out. 

We need to accept these facts and stop trying to convince ourselves otherwise.

IMO I'm an Andy fan but I agree you cannot compare the two.  At the same time though people act on this board act like if you don't have a TB you cant win.
A consistently good to really good QB is pretty hard to come by in the league. And guys like Matt Ryan's 2016 and Andy's 2015 season show you what can be with a really good QB at the helm and a good team around them.  IMO guys like Rodgers, P.Manning, and Tom Brady have been the only guys in the last 10-15 years or so to put their teams on their backs and win almost every year they have played.  They have routinely made decent to below average teams great just by being on the roster.

While it would be wonderful to have a multi generational talent at the helm the fact is that at this moment in time Dalton is not that guy.  At the same time he is more than capable of doing his part to hoist a Lombardy or 2 here.  This team only needs a couple pieces IMO to get there as we have been snake bit the last 3 years with injuries and constantly moving pieces on the staff.  

I fully expect Andy to continue to fall in that fringe top 10 - 12 range with a healthy team behind him.  And I can live with that just fine.  As for coaching.... that's still the one issue holding us back I believe.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tom Brady and Andy Dalton against Texans - Junglejuice - 01-16-2017, 03:30 PM