Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republicans move to spend billions on Obamacare — before they kill it
(01-16-2017, 02:37 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Numbers is what we are waiting on. But even so, I don't think it could get worse that what we already have. 
And don't dismiss the power to Twitter. He will shame Republicans that don't support his plan, just like he does with businesses that try to leave the US for greener pastures. And right now, no one wants to be on the shaming side.

Mitch McConnell could care less.

Leahy will serve another 40 years after Trump is out of office.

Hal Rogers has been considered one of the worst congressmen in the country, but since 1994 he hasn't gotten less than 74% percent of the vote.

Nationally, for a while now, people talk about how crappy of a job Congress has done. And yet incumbents keep getting sent back. People complain about Congress... but never their congressman.

That's one thing I don't think Trump understands. He can't shame a member of Congress into voting his way; they have no shame. And he can't get on the phone and pretend to be his own press secretary and say  he "heard from a reliable source" that some Congress member was going to vote his way.

But as far as the "worse than we already have," eh, I dunno. I've never supported either plan (although I guess mine would be closer to the Dems, in that I would go with the federal government negotiating an insurance collective that people can take part in if they want, which should make it cheaper since it would have millions of customers for inruance companies willing to participate). I don't like the Dems plan because it costs money (taxes), and I don't like the Repubs plan (Obamacare) because it forces people to spend their own money.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Republicans move to spend billions on Obamacare — before they kill it - Benton - 01-16-2017, 03:54 PM