Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hey look, it's a climate change thread!
(01-17-2017, 10:00 AM)hollodero Wrote: People can deny climate change, but even those who fanatically do never provided an answer to that: What is so bad about taking measures against climate change? 
I don't think people deny climate change, per se (I mean, there will ALWAYS be kooks who believe the weirdest and/or dumbest thinigs), so much as they deny that humanity has an effect on climate change. I'm not a denier, but I'm not so positive man has a HUGE effect on the climate. I accept that mankind does have an effect on climate, but how much effect is what I'm not sold on either way (though admittedly, I lean towards lesser effect).
With that said, I don't think people have issues with recycling or cleaner-running vehicles, etc. I think the issue that many people have is with forced (i.e. outlawing gas guzzling vehicles) and/or ineffectual solutions (i.e. carbon offsets).
The problem, IMO, is this trend we have in America of arguing in the extremes and demonizing those from the opposing side of an issue.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey look, it's a climate change thread! - PhilHos - 01-17-2017, 01:45 PM