Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mo Egger: I want the Bengals to look, sound, and play like the Steelers
Mo says he wants the Bengals to be more like the Steelers in his '3 Things' article:

posted by Mo Egger, ESPN1530
Let's admit something about the Steelers.  

As a lifelong Bengals fan, it pains me to say this, and I'll bet that you don't want to read this, but here it is anyway....

I want the Bengals to look, sound, and play like the Steelers.

I was thinking about this yesterday as I read my colleague Lance's manifesto about Mike Tomlin, Antonio Brown, and his current gripes about the Steelers

My main question: Are we really that offended when we hear a coach sound the way Tomlin did, saying the things he said in what he assumed was between him and his team?

If so, hoo boy.  You really want no part of an NFL locker room, sideline, or huddle.

Here's how I took Tomlin's message: "We've got some things working against us this week, but we will still be prepared to go win the big football game next Sunday," except it was delivered in the type of emotional, emphatic way that, you know, you'd expect from any NFL coach whose team just won an emotional, tough playoff game.

You won't like me admitting this, but you'd gladly sign up for Mike Tomlin coaching the Bengals for ten years, if there ever was an opening. And despite his selfish broadcast from his team's locker room, you'd sign up for Antonio Brown, and as much as typing this sentence makes me want to go take a bath, you and I would sign up for ten seasons of Ben Roethlisberger's best too.

They play hard. They play physically.  Sometimes, they have players who cross the line, as Bud Dupree did last week. Know what though? I root for a team that has Adam Jones - who last season banged Amari Cooper's head into his own helmet - and Vontaze Burfict, who's stellar and clean play during the second half of this past season hasn't yet helped his shed his reputation for being the league's dirtiest player.

When the Steelers play the Bengals, I'm envious of how much more physical they are. When I watch Mike Tomlin coach,  I'm jealous of his team being led by a guy who doesn't coach like he's afraid.  And while I don't think they're going to win in Foxborough on Sunday, I do know that the Pittsburgh Steelers won't shrink from the moment the way the local NFL team often does in big games.

I wish the Bengals looked, sounded, played, and won like the Steelers.

God, I hate myself for saying that.

http://espn1530.iheart.com/onair/mo-egger-9170/three-things-steelers-envy-uc-survival-15475225/#ixzz4W2p4hy36
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Mo Egger: I want the Bengals to look, sound, and play like the Steelers - Bengalholic - 01-17-2017, 03:31 PM