Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mo Egger: I want the Bengals to look, sound, and play like the Steelers
I feel what you are saying but you know what? When the Bengals do play more physical we get labeled as an outlaw, undisciplined team. I honestly believe that the Steelers legacy comes into play  and they get away with things we don't because well, "they're the Steelers and they just play that way" (At least that's the mindset I think is used)
Vontaze Burfict with all of his flaws, his hit last year on Brown wasn't any less egregious than what Shazier did to Bernard, but what hit do you hear about? Its been over a year and folks still talk about Vontaze's hit. The Steelers still chirp about it and it got the Bengals branded by many. For 2 straight playoff weeks the Steelers have been guilty of head to head hits and what do you hear? "Its just football: He was trying to make a good hard play" etc.  Its a bunch of baloney and I'm really not a fan of that type of football.

I'm fine with the way the Bengals play. Football is a game that can be played with class.. I only wish the NFL would take off the blinders when it comes to certain teams. If its illegal and dirty for one, its illegal and dirty for all. Not making a call or letting someone get away with stupid tactics just because of what team they play for is garbage. Lastly, I try real hard not to get the words "Physical" and "Dirty", confused. To me a physical player simply dominates his opponent in an overpowering manner. A dirty player is out to head hunt with late hits, dangerous hits and unnecessary contact.

Now Yes, I do think Vontaze Burfict is a dirty player. He is unnecessarily dirty because you can't deny his pure instincts and ability.
A player like Lawrence Timmons I would label as physical.

2 good players who get good results but the manner in which they go about getting those results is what separates them.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mo Egger: I want the Bengals to look, sound, and play like the Steelers - Air Force 1 - 01-17-2017, 03:56 PM