Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hey look, it's a climate change thread!
(01-17-2017, 10:00 AM)hollodero Wrote: People can deny climate change, but even those who fanatically do never provided an answer to that: What is so bad about taking measures against climate change? We would be more independent from oil, more independent of arab sheikhs and middle east conflicts, are protected against peak oil, don't need fracking and earthquakes and such, no oil spills and leaking pipelines, we don't cause acidation of the oceans (even if the temperature rise stays moderate, THIS seems to be a huge problem of our rising CO2 level), can create energy sources that are sustainable, a whole bunch of positive effects. We would also create clean jobs and would get rid of hazardous ones (digging for coal is not healthy) - so what's the point in being certain we don't need to change anything and all is just a hoax? What's the point in taking this risk (and if you're sensible, even if you do not believe in climate change there has to be a remaining risk no one can completely dispute)?

I think it's a big Joke, just like Y2k was a pretty big joke and a big money maker (for me at least it was) by claiming the end is near. Yes there is probably some truth to it, but not enough to call for the world ending anytime soon.

With that said, I despise that we are over polluting our environment (Plastic Island in the Pacific). There is nothing wrong with being more respectful of our environment.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey look, it's a climate change thread! - Mike M (the other one) - 01-17-2017, 04:41 PM