Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conway Asks: Why Do You Believe What Trump Says ‘Rather Than What’s in His Heart’?
(01-17-2017, 04:25 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I'm laughing so hard at all of you. Such misplaced anger.

I'm more upset with Streep using the typical Hollywood stereo types to portray disabled people as weak, pitiable, pathetic and incapable of having any intellectuality.

Kovaleski is an award winning Pulitzer Prize journalist and he has a platform with which to defend himself with if he chooses to.

What Trump did was meh, but I don't think he was trying to make fun of a disabled person, he was acting like he was backtracking from being caught in a lie and didn't know what to say, which is what actually happened in his story at that moment.

Mellow

She never said that at all.

Quote:There was one performance this year that stunned me. It sank its hooks in my heart. Not because it was good. There was nothing good about it. But it was effective and it did its job. It made its intended audience laugh and show their teeth. It was that moment when the person asking to sit in the most respected seat in our country imitated a disabled reporter, someone he outranked in privilege, power, and the capacity to fight back. It kind of broke my heart when I saw it. I still can't get it out of my head because it wasn't in a movie. It was real life.

And this instinct to humiliate, when it's modeled by someone in the public platform, by someone powerful, it filters down into everybody's life, because it kind of gives permission for other people to do the same thing. Disrespect invites disrespect. Violence incites violence. When the powerful use their position to bully others, we all lose.

You're projecting.

She said it was said and stunning to see someone who wanted to have the powerful job in the land mock a disabled person.

Beyond that Trump was wrong/lying about the reporter "backtracking" too.  

But you can ignore that because you got the vapors over a citizen speaking out against the President mocking another citizen just because she had a camera on her and her words went to millions of people.

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Conway Asks: Why Do You Believe What Trump Says ‘Rather Than What’s in His Heart’? - GMDino - 01-17-2017, 05:04 PM