Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mo Egger: I want the Bengals to look, sound, and play like the Steelers
(01-17-2017, 07:06 PM)jason Wrote: Hell with the Steelers. I wish we were like the Patriots, and could make guys like Chris Hogan and Dion Lewis threats.

Agreed. 

While I understand what Mo is getting at, I disagree with him that the Steelers are what we should be striving to be. If you're going to emulate a team...the Patriots would certainly be the 'model model' to follow. 

Of course, that's easier said than done, which is why the Pat's are in a class by themselves. There's also two very real and distinct differences that currently stand in the way of even attempting to pattern the Bengals (in even a modest way) after the Pats, which is the owner and head coach. The Patriots have an owner and head coach that are two of the all-time best...and a key ingredient to their success has been their obsessive drive for greatness, which includes not being scared to take risks and make necessary moves to achieve that goal. 

Unfortunately, Mike and Marvin operate on a much more conservative scale and have never really demonstrated that unrelenting desire to reach the next level that we see from the Patriots...or even teams like the Broncos and Seahawks in recent years
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mo Egger: I want the Bengals to look, sound, and play like the Steelers - Bengalholic - 01-17-2017, 08:55 PM