Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Brady and Andy Dalton against Texans
(01-18-2017, 09:59 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: lets get one thing out of the way: both these guys are professional, starting quarterbacks. both are immensely talented and the difference between the two as far as physical attributes is probably not that great; both can sling it with power and accuracy. Sure one probably has a little more zip or a better deep pass, but the difference probably isn't miles apart.

But the biggest and widest margin of talent I notice is between the ears. 

You're judged by championships and what you do when all the chips are on the table. AD has none and Brady has many. Add in the fact that AD's postseason numbers are laughable, it's really not even a contest of who the better QB is in that regard. 

Your first paragraph sounds like you are mentioning them in the same breath, which counters your previous statements that it is "silly".

I know very well that Dalton hasn't produced on the biggest stage, but I would add that his coaches, defense, weapons, etc. didn't as well where Tom (who was a glorified game manager in those early super bowls) has a more complete performance from his team.  

Nowhere did I say Dalton was better than Brady, especially in the postseason, but the point I was contending was that it isn't right to say they can't be mentioned in the same breath.  That's all.  Look no further than Aaron Rogers:  one super bowl despite being one of the best, or maybe THE best QB of all time...his team around him didn't perform up to the competition.  It takes a whole team.  No team has won a Super Bowl simply because they had a great QB.  Ditto Marino.  It takes a team.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tom Brady and Andy Dalton against Texans - SHRacerX - 01-18-2017, 10:10 AM