Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mental Toughness wins in the Playoffs
(01-18-2017, 12:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: This is pretty similar to what I was going to post.  I'd say that we have drafted some mentally tough players PISTONS, I just think they get here and become "Marvinized".  I mean, Dalton looked mentally tough at TCU, and in some 4th quarter comebacks in the regular season, AJ Green, Atkins, Whitworth, MLJ, Leon Hall, Reggie Nelson, Gio, and several others all seem(ed) fairly mentally tough to me.  Then, come playoff time, they collectively shit the bed.  It makes no sense.....unless you point the finger at one constant.

I posted something similar to this on the mothership.....what makes more sense?  A) we continually draft, sign, and trade for choke artists, or B) it's the coaching?  You be the judge.....

not to mention what do we do this offseason with the 2 lineman that did well and are free agents (Whit, Zeitler)? Do we let Heitler walk and start all over or do we sign him long term and try to build a stout offense line? 

Kills me when we let players walk when we should resign and build. 

To be honest with you buddy it doesn't matter, I know Im a broken record saying this but it won't matter anyway with Marvin coaching. Im still waiting for the classic one year extension deal.

Only way that doesn't happen is if Marvin wants out after this upcoming season. Regardless it will be another wasted season for us to sit(no suffer) through...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mental Toughness wins in the Playoffs - GodFather - 01-18-2017, 02:36 PM