Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Brady and Andy Dalton against Texans
(01-18-2017, 02:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All NFL QB's don't have equal talent and i never stated such. Dalton could not be easily replaced by any NFL QB.

Why does my argument have no foundation when i say it is only fair to judge these two STARTING QB's in the regular
season? We have a shitty HC a shitty OL coach and these hurt our QB and would hurt even a QB like Brady who has the
best HC in the NFL and arguably the best OL coach in the NFL.

I don't understand your argument and don't understand why you don't understand this.

Brady is killer in the Playoffs and in the big games and we all know it. But coaching is also a factor.

Damn rights Wyche, comes down to the coaches in the end. Dalton has bad ones and Brady does not.

Nate that post was not necessarily pointed directly at just your argument but the argument of any that believe Dalton would be as successful as Brady (and  large number of other Top QB's)  given just a QB swap. I quoted your post and maybe should not of. Apologies. 

There are very few if any subjective knowledgeable football minds that would say the Pats would be the same with Andy at the Helm rather than Brady. Those same knowledgeable football minds would say that Brady would have done much more than has been accomplished by Andy in Cincy...even with Marvin as the coach. A QB of the top level would lessen the need and impact of Marvin. Andy is a victim of his own inability to take over a game and lead the team. 

Here is a question for anyone that posses the argument that these two QB's are basically capable of the same results. 

It what playoff game that Andy has lost do you feel that Brady would not have won?
Conversely in what playoff game has Brady lost that Andy would have lead them to victory? 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tom Brady and Andy Dalton against Texans - Rhinocero23 - 01-18-2017, 02:39 PM