Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Brady and Andy Dalton against Texans
(01-18-2017, 02:39 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Nate that post was not necessarily pointed directly at just your argument but the argument of any that believe Dalton would be as successful as Brady (and  large number of other Top QB's)  given just a QB swap. I quoted your post and maybe should not of. Apologies. 

There are very few if any subjective knowledgeable football minds that would say the Pats would be the same with Andy at the Helm rather than Brady. Those same knowledgeable football minds would say that Brady would have done much more than has been accomplished by Andy in Cincy...even with Marvin as the coach. A QB of the top level would lessen the need and impact of Marvin. Andy is a victim of his own inability to take over a game and lead the team. 

Here is a question for anyone that posses the argument that these two QB's are basically capable of the same results. 

It what playoff game that Andy has lost do you feel that Brady would not have won?
Conversely in what playoff game has Brady lost that Andy would have lead them to victory? 

Yeah, but you quoted me. I completely agree with what you say here Rhino. To your two questions...

Based off of Playoffs and big games, Brady would of had problems with our coaches as Dalton did i am sure.

Our whole team falls apart in the Playoffs except in like i said earlier our last Playoff game against the bastids
when our Defense showed up and played plenty well enough to win that game. Both Dalton and Brady would
of won that game, too bad we had McCarron.

Dalton had no weapons against the Colts but Brady has shown he can do well without weapons. Maybe a win
with Brady, maybe. Might of made Burkhead look like Welker out there. Still, lost all of our good players in this
one. Tough on any QB even Brady and especially with Marvin Lewis at the helm who does not make in game
adjustments.

I don't know for sure, i bet Brady would of won the Charger game. Up 10-7 at Halftime but the Chargers have
gave Brady problems in the past. Rivers is a great QB in his own right.

The 2nd Texan game Dalton overthrew AJ with a chance to win that one, close.

The first one he was a rookie and cannot hold that against Dalton.

The answer to the first question. 2 of those games Brady may not of won, the Colts and Chargers IMO. Brady
owns the Texans but Dalton was a rookie and that is a bit unfair in itself.

To the second question, i honestly don't know cause Dalton has not shown enough in the Playoffs. I am sure
he would of won atleast a few though with Belichick and company. Hell, Dalton like i truly believe would of
won last years Playoff game against the Steelers here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tom Brady and Andy Dalton against Texans - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-18-2017, 03:01 PM