Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Brady and Andy Dalton against Texans
(01-18-2017, 02:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: This is a good point.  Brady threw two picks against the Texans, and nearly a couple more.  The Patriots also fumbled a kickoff.  They didn't implode, the Bengals ALWAYS do.

This team isn't mentally tough when it counts in the postseason, Dalton included.  To me, it all falls back on coaching.

(01-18-2017, 02:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: Andy is most certainly not Tom Brady.  That said, it does hold merit that if he (or Palmer for that matter), had been developed under superior tutelage, they would most likely have better success than they have had in this cesspool of nepotism, inept management, and piss poor in-game coaching.  

Would Brady win a playoff game or two here (playing his entire career under these deadbeats)?  Most likely.  A Super Bowl?  Not a chance.

As usual, I agree with Wyche's take. No I don't think Dalton is near Brady's level...particularly when it comes to killer instinct. Do I believe much of that comes from which franchise and coach they play for? You bet.

Do I believe Brady would win a playoff game in Cincy? Maybe. It'd take a QB of Brady's caliber and background to offset Marv. I'd bet on Dalton winning a SB with Belichick over Brady winning a SB with Marv any day though. Is there anyone who would disagree with that statement?

All things equal though Brady > pretty much everyone, of course.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tom Brady and Andy Dalton against Texans - Shake n Blake - 01-18-2017, 03:10 PM