Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things Bengals Fans have been conditioned to believe by following the team for years
(01-18-2017, 10:42 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I've noticed that some fans think there is some conspiracy holding some teams down. I do think calls go in favor of some teams more than others...

But, in the Chiefs vs KC game - The Steelers dominated EVERY statistical category. Bell had 170 yards rushing, Ware like 35. etc.

From following the Bengals, fans get used to seeing a team outplayed statistically...but remain close in games and well...if they get that critical call at the end of a game they can still win! Well the reality is that generally the team that dominates statistically usually wins. Most NFL games aren't 20 point blowouts...so yeah if 1 or 2 plays turn in favor of the other team...it would steer the game...so fans focus on those. But, if you want to win...dominate a game statistically.

I'll definitely agree with this one because my college team is mired in the same mediocrity and our fans say the same thing about the NCAA favoring the blue bloods or whatever.   

The real truth is that most everyone wants to see the new guy or the underdog win.  It's good for the business and it keeps things unpredictable.  I can remember plenty of times when the Bengal's were the top ranked team with their record on Tuesday's NFL power rankings.  I even remember heading into that 2006 Patriots game when they had the 3-0 record how there was an article that was on nfl.com about how that game was going to represent the transition of one dynasty to another.  Excitement was in the air and the pundits wanted us to win that one.  Phil Simms and Jim Nantz get an undeservedly bad rep around here to.  I thought they sounded more pissed about how the team unraveled in the playoff game as opposed to actually being happy that Pitt won.  I'll agree about Dan Fouts though.  He just sucks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things Bengals Fans have been conditioned to believe by following the team for years - Von Cichlid - 01-18-2017, 11:02 PM
RE: - bengalguy71 - 01-18-2017, 03:14 PM