Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things Bengals Fans have been conditioned to believe by following the team for years
(01-18-2017, 11:02 PM)Von Cichlid Wrote: I'll definitely agree with this one because my college team is mired in the same mediocrity and our fans say the same thing about the NCAA favoring the blue bloods or whatever.   

The real truth is that most everyone wants to see the new guy or the underdog win.  It's good for the business and it keeps things unpredictable.  I can remember plenty of times when the Bengal's were the top ranked team with their record on Tuesday's NFL power rankings.  I even remember heading into that 2006 Patriots game when they had the 3-0 record how there was an article that was on nfl.com about how that game was going to represent the transition of one dynasty to another.  Excitement was in the air and the pundits wanted us to win that one.  Phil Simms and Jim Nantz get an undeservedly bad rep around here to.  I thought they sounded more pissed about how the team unraveled in the playoff game as opposed to actually being happy that Pitt won.  I'll agree about Dan Fouts though.  He just sucks.

Agreed. The NFL is about parity. They want every city to have a competitive team. They don't want teams to be bad for 20 years. Since we've last won a playoff game...most teams have generally won 5-18 playoff games.

If there was a conspiracy, there would be a lot more teams with a smaller amount. Also, deflategate wouldn't have been publicized.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things Bengals Fans have been conditioned to believe by following the team for years - THE PISTONS - 01-18-2017, 11:32 PM
RE: - bengalguy71 - 01-18-2017, 03:14 PM