Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companies Are Recycling Their Old News to Avoid Being Blasted in a Trump Tweet
(01-18-2017, 05:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: No. No he doesn't get "partial credit".  I visited a friend who's wife told me they were pregnant so I took partial credit cause I talked to them before the announced it but after my visit.  Mellow

Well I'm not sure I ever said that...I'm sure it was said since no one seems to know what time America was "Great".

Also plenty on the right still think the economy was worse under Obama than it was.

And inherited them almost three decades apart.  Different economic times...different world economics.  Hell, different political climate where the current POTUS was stopped at every turn by the other party.  And the economy STILL improved.  Imagine if the GOP had tried to work with him and reach some compromises?  

However, none of that changes the fact that PE Trump wants to take credit for plans made two plus years ago.  And you'll give him "partial credit" for going to a meeting before it was announced.  Hilarious

Oh now comparing Pregnancy to a company creating jobs. That's a wonderful analogy.   Sarcasm 

America was great when we had jobs and companies were re-investing their dollars back into our economy. That didn't happen on Obama's watch, which is why his unemployment rates went up and now we are just back to where it was when he started.  Obama did nothing to stop the flow of jobs leaving. In fact, he told people there was nothing that could be done about it right?

Bi-partisanship takes 2 to tango, Obama never showed that he was willing to work with Republicans, you know the "I've got a pen and a phone" method.

Both (Reagan and Obama) inherited an economy suffering from Unemployment and a year of no growth. However, Reagan's had inflation in the double digits and Prime interest rate at 21%. Obama inherited an economy where inflation was dropping (we're reaching a point now where we are considering calling it deflation) and the interest rate was also very low.

Reagan had a Democratic Majority in the House for his entire term and a Republican Majority in Senate until 87, then it was a Democratic Majority for the rest of his term. Somehow he managed to get everyone to the table and it took him the first 2 years to get the Democrats to pass any of his economic plans.

In contrast, Obama started with a Democratic Majority in both the House and Senate. Republicans got the Majority back on the House in 2011 and regained Senate Control in 2015. He had plenty of time to get things done with a Democratic Majority in his first 3 years.

So imagine what Obama could've accomplished in his first 3 years with a Majority in Congress, if he had really wanted to focus on getting the Economy moving?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Companies Are Recycling Their Old News to Avoid Being Blasted in a Trump Tweet - Mike M (the other one) - 01-19-2017, 01:40 PM