Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things Bengals Fans have been conditioned to believe by following the team for years
(01-18-2017, 11:05 AM)grampahol Wrote: Look how many people followed the Cubs and Redsox despite having not winning world series championships for over 100 years or damned close. 

I worked for the Cubs right before they broke the bank for Theo Epstein (who was the guy who snapped the Red Sox's championship drought, fyi) and we went from literally giving tickets away (because it looks bad on TV when you see the outfield bleachers are empty any time a ball leaves the infield) to being overrun with fans within a few years.  The whole "lovable losers" thing really started to take a hit when the White Sox won in 2005 and the Cubs started to look like the team you root for if you have absolutely no regard for what is on the field and just want to get drunk and arrested.

Anyways, the Cubs broke the bank and got the hottest GM and one of the hottest HC's (well, manager in this sense) to give the world title a shot.  The Bengals aren't changing a thing, much less going for THE guys to get at the highest positions.  As for me, I have a sweet knockoff cheap-o championship ring heading my way for my troubles.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things Bengals Fans have been conditioned to believe by following the team for years - Nately120 - 01-19-2017, 07:47 PM
RE: - bengalguy71 - 01-18-2017, 03:14 PM