Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Were folders stuffed with Trump's 'business plan' papers blank props?
(01-19-2017, 07:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: No, no...the argument is that he mocks EVERYONE so it was ok.  Whatever

In all honesty I was under the impression that Trump supporters DID acknowledge that he mocked a disabled man, but saw the fact that he was bold, brazen, and (this is the most important factor) too rich and powerful to suffer any negative consequences for doing so as a positive thing. People have said that we are apparently fighting a war against increasingly dangerous levels of PC-ness being forced on us, and Trump is their leader in the fight against it. I've heard people who have probably only seen a minority on TV tell me this, but perception beats reality every time.

If you spin the devious things he does (tax evasion, sexual assault or the glorification thereof, mocking people, business fraud, having the freedom to act like a complete jackass, etc) as genius and gutsy moves that show he is simply a man who operates on a higher level of existence then you don't have to attempt to convince yourself that he wasn't being a grade a d-bag. 

My main assumption is that Donald Trump gets to act the way a lot of people WISH they could, and by supporting him they are under the impression that they are sharing in some small part of his accountability-free lifestyle.  It's like the accomplishment you feel when your sports team wins it all...not that YOU did anything, but you chose to associate with that team, so their victory is yours.  I can't just go around grabbing women or mocking everyone I want to mock (and some people just BEG for it, let me tell you) any more than I could put Pig Ben on the IR, but I'll be damned if I can't root for someone who can!

Vicarious living, this.  Lots of regular people want to be accountability-free jerks and this is the closest they can get to it without getting fired or arrested.  Why people across this country love a spoiled, rich, born-to-win d-bag like Trump and want to punch Johnny Manziel is the true test of branding.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Were folders stuffed with Trump's 'business plan' papers blank props? - Nately120 - 01-19-2017, 10:04 PM