Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Brady and Andy Dalton against Texans
(01-20-2017, 02:18 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm not throwing any dig at Dalton. Just pointing out that Houston isn't a team he's had much success against.

While Dalton's and Brady's numbers were similar against Houston this year, the Bengals lost 10-12 while the Patriots won 34-16.

The difference between the two are that one has an offense that executes while the other one doesn't. We can't even count on a kicker making a 40 yard FG, so even if the offense gets close, it can easily come away with 0. Belichick would never put up with that. Marv, on the other hand, ... well ... let's just say that Marv isn't quite on the same planet.

Can't disagree with anything here. Dalton has had a couple decent games against them while struggling in a few others. I think it's safe to say that the Texans probably aren't his favorite team to face. I also agree that it's not particularly fair to hang the 10 point failure on Andy. Zamp's offense has struggled in the RZ and on 3rd downs, and that's not typical of Dalton...hence why I blame Zampese. Plus how did we do running the football in that game? Our offense was one dimensional all year long.

Everything was pretty much on Andy to put up points. Sometimes he was able make it happen on his own, which IMO kept this team from being 2-14. The offense around Andy was that bad.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tom Brady and Andy Dalton against Texans - Shake n Blake - 01-20-2017, 03:03 PM