Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inauguration Day - My public thoughts
(01-20-2017, 02:34 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That was a much more divisive speech than I was expecting. He insulted every elected and formerly elected person on the platform with him. It will play well to his base, and will make everyone else uneasy. One of the conservative journalists I follow said it would make "his supporters thrilled, and his opponents terrified." I don't agree with terrified, because while people like to place all of this power with the executive, there are tools to counter when things go too far. But it will certainly make them uneasy.

Also, I just can't agree with the claim that his taking office is giving power back to the people. I don't dispute his legitimacy, but he didn't win the popular vote. That's not giving the power to the people.

It was assuming to hear him insult everyone on stage with him, talk about the "carnage" and need to "rebuild" when the reality is we have more jobs now than 8 years ago and less crime than 20 years ago. Talk about giving Washington back to the people as wealthy donors and career politicians make up his cabinet. 

Why bother with facts, though? 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Inauguration Day - My public thoughts - BmorePat87 - 01-20-2017, 03:19 PM