Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inauguration Day - My public thoughts
(01-20-2017, 02:34 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That was a much more divisive speech than I was expecting. He insulted every elected and formerly elected person on the platform with him. It will play well to his base, and will make everyone else uneasy. One of the conservative journalists I follow said it would make "his supporters thrilled, and his opponents terrified." I don't agree with terrified, because while people like to place all of this power with the executive, there are tools to counter when things go too far. But it will certainly make them uneasy.

Also, I just can't agree with the claim that his taking office is giving power back to the people. I don't dispute his legitimacy, but he didn't win the popular vote. That's not giving the power to the people.

I didn't see it as divisive. What is divisive is those that did not show up to show their proper respect to the newly elected POTUS. (with the exception of Tulsi Gabbard). Seriously NO Republican's skipped out on Obama's First Inauguration Day. Some skipped his second one, but the majority of those had attended his first one.

For one, they are acting as partisan as they claim the Republicans were for the last 8 years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Inauguration Day - My public thoughts - Mike M (the other one) - 01-20-2017, 03:54 PM