Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals.vs. Jets...look back at week 1
(01-20-2017, 06:04 AM)sonofstat Wrote: Yep,  fair enough.  

As i said i just watched the play and was not looking at stats and was in two minds whether to mention him because Bodine, Zeitler and Ogbuehi were consistently getting bull rushed back into him.

Also having watched the likes of Rodgers , Brady in the playoffs you do kind of get conditioned to the amazing plays they pull off even when under pressure - thats why they are HoF'ers

Stats or not, those plays happened. The deep throws to Green, LaFell and Uzomah all happened and they were all nice throws. I watched the game also and felt it was Dalton's best performance of the year, all things considered. The QBs you mention are probably the only ones who could maybe do better in similar situations, and tbh, Brady has struggled in the past when teams are actually able to pressure him.

That's not me saying Andy is better than Tom. That's me saying that I think some people assign an unrealistic level of expectations with Andy that they would not assign to any other QB in the NFL. He simply can't win with some people.

To address your overall post though, the Jets game had me immediately worried about the season. The 7 sacks were very uncharacteristic. Ogbuehi and Bodine looked like major liabilities. Hill had a weak game. The defense didn't look the same. We just looked like we were in for a long season despite the win.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals.vs. Jets...look back at week 1 - Shake n Blake - 01-20-2017, 04:10 PM