Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Stats during Obama Admin
(01-20-2017, 03:53 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It basically boils down to Sunni vs. Shite. What do you think is going on now? A proxy war pitting Sunni vs. Shite. Saudi Arabia on one side. Iran on the other.

The new government was fomenting the sectarian violence.
Even more reason to not leave.

(01-20-2017, 03:53 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The bombing began as early as the late spring/early summer of 2003. Just got worse from there. Thanks in large part to Paul Bremer. We had KIAs from IEDs before we even reached Bagdad.  We had bombings going on the same time the Jessica Lynch fairytale was being told.  I think it is laughable someone would suggest the bombing started later.

To clarify, I talking about the Suicide/Car bombs during that time frame and not that they didn't happen while we were there, but just during the Iraqi war timeline, that was the only major things that happened from 2004-2014 (Fall of Fallujah).

(01-20-2017, 03:53 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: They were. They just had a different name. 

So did we had intel on them or not prior to them rebranding their name.

(01-20-2017, 03:53 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It was almost universal the Iraqi people wanted us to leave. Right after we arrived in Bagdad they were like, "Thanks for coming. Now get out."

Not totally true, took me a while to find it, but the main reason we left early was because the Iraqi's refused to give the troops immunity from prosecution in the Iraqi Courts. A position that the US said no to, no immunity, no stay, buh bye.

(01-20-2017, 03:53 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You can continue to negotiate a new status of forces agreement while you withdraw troops. You just can't withdraw troops overnight or in the last month of an agreement. We don't have the logistics to wait until the last moment. Let's assume for a second your timeline is right, what would be the purpose of withdrawing troops in October vs. December? To give the Iraqi government an ultimatum to sign the new status of forces agreement before you lose your security blanket we are providing. 

Anything wrong with giving more time to train the Iraqi's?

(01-20-2017, 03:53 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So you're telling me more Iraq civilians died as a result of the US invasion rather than the US withdrawal. Are you arguing for or against ISIS?  Because it seems like you just became the head of their recruiting department. 

No? Where did I say that? The deaths from the invasion also include military deaths. The deaths I listed are civilian only since we left.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: National Stats during Obama Admin - Mike M (the other one) - 01-20-2017, 04:58 PM