Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Stats during Obama Admin
(01-20-2017, 04:58 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Even more reason to not leave.

Again, the withdrawal date had already been agreed upon. The only way to change the date was a new agreement. The Iraqi government wouldn't sign a new status of forces agreement.

Quote:To clarify, I talking about the Suicide/Car bombs during that time frame and not that they didn't happen while we were there, but just during the Iraqi war timeline, that was the only major things that happened from 2004-2014 (Fall of Fallujah).

That's 100% incorrect. Why did we have a "surge"?

Quote:So did we had intel on them or not prior to them rebranding their name.

Yes. Al-Zarqawi ring any bells?

Quote:Not totally true, took me a while to find it, but the main reason we left early was because the Iraqi's refused to give the troops immunity from prosecution in the Iraqi Courts. A position that the US said no to, no immunity, no stay, buh bye.

That is part of the status of forces agreement. You claimed 51% of Iraqis wanted us to stay. I claimed, based upon my own personal experience interacting with Iraqis it was almost universal they wanted us to leave. The sooner the better. Getting us to leave was one of the factors feeding the insurgency.

Quote:Anything wrong with giving more time to train the Iraqi's?

And you can continue training while withdrawing the bulk of forces involved in security and combat operations. What were they going to learn in 2 months they didn't learn during the previous 7-8 years? The difference is negligible.

Quote:No? Where did I say that? The deaths from the invasion also include military deaths. The deaths I listed are civilian only since we left.

I'm talking about civilian deaths. More than 40k civilians died as a result of the US invasion. A lot more.

Messages In This Thread
RE: National Stats during Obama Admin - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 01-20-2017, 05:51 PM