Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Stats during Obama Admin
(01-20-2017, 06:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Strange that you would only find his suggestion that Obama is a Traitor to be hilarious and not the comparison of Trump to Hitler that he was replying to.

Seems we only appreciate the words used to incite partisonship that support our side. We should all strive to be more bi-patisan

Strange, I didn't even notice it was a Hitler reference until you said something. I didn't realize that Furor was a misguided attempt at the word Führer until you just said something.

For the record, I am against commentary like that, drawing parallels to Hitler in that way. I do not mind analyzing the rhetoric of Trump and finding similarities between rising despots as several political scientists have done, but uninformed lines drawn between Trump and Hitler, or any political leader and Hitler, are not helpful.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: National Stats during Obama Admin - Belsnickel - 01-20-2017, 08:30 PM