Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kipers 1st mock draft 1st round
(01-20-2017, 10:52 PM)Whatever Wrote: "Coverage against the pass will never be a strength"

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Draft-Scouting-Reports/Scouting-Report-Reuben-Foster.asp

"Savvy quarterbacks can manipulate Foster with their eyes and he'll lose track of receivers around him, closing the gap between them only after the ball is being thrown."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2082714/reuben-foster

I forgot all about Drafttek.  Haven't looked at them in a long time.  Not sure how to weigh their opinion though.  The guy who wrote that scouting report for Foster is a bartender taking some management classes.  Have to start somewhere though.

We can contrast the bartenders "Coverage will never be a strength" statement with Nationalfootballposts.com breakdown done by former nfl scouts and the people they have trained..
Quote:Foster is very comfortable dropping into coverage with the ability to quickly change directions and mirror tight ends or receivers crossing the middle of the field. He can open his hips and cover down the seam, or quickly click his heels and come downhill to tackle anything caught in front of him.

I will tend to err on the side of qualified and trained NFL scouts, than a new guy taking some classes to become a sports writer.

CBS, though,  I missed that line.  I read under his Strengths "Foster keeps his eyes locked onto the quarterback when in coverage, breaking quickly as the pass is released, often initiating contact with the intended receiver just as the ball arrives.".  I missed that they qualified it as a weakness "Savvy" QBs could exploit.  I think you can say that about most players though, I would imagine.

At this point we are splitting hairs.  Nate claimed Foster was bad in coverage and stared down QBs far too often. Nothing we have seen by non random guys on the internet says he is bad in coverage and in fact say the opposite.  As to him staring down QBs, 1 pro site says it's a strength that "can" be taken advantage of by certain QBs and one random guy says it "sometimes" happens.  Not exactly "Far too often"

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Kipers 1st mock draft 1st round - Jpoore - 01-19-2017, 12:55 PM
RE: Kipers 1st mock draft 1st round - Burma - 01-20-2017, 11:54 PM
RE: Kipers 1st mock draft 1st round - ZWP - 01-20-2017, 08:35 PM