Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is Marv 0-7 in the playoffs?
Jim o posted something recently I hadn't heard before (least I think it was something of his), that brown views the staff as teachers. The coaches are there to teach the players and then turn them loose.

which makes sense why Marvin thinks changing things in the second half is some contrived notion by sports reporters (I'm not sure how he refers to adjustments the other team makes). And it makes sense that the players approach the playoffs with the same preparation (or lack of) as regular season. The other stuff (lack of pass success, inability to stop the run, etc) builds off that lack of preparation.

I was watching ESPN the other day and they were talking about how the pats are built to not give up big plays. Honestly, I've always felt that was the approach here. Lineman who can't rush the pass, but can contain short yardage runs, lbers who dont attack the QB but prevent short to mid pass plays from developing. The difference is, we both have the same approach to building teams, but the game day is totally different.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is Marv 0-7 in the playoffs? - McC - 01-18-2017, 03:26 PM
RE: Why is Marv 0-7 in the playoffs? - McC - 01-18-2017, 04:02 PM
RE: Why is Marv 0-7 in the playoffs? - McC - 01-22-2017, 05:11 PM
RE: Why is Marv 0-7 in the playoffs? - McC - 01-23-2017, 09:23 PM
RE: Why is Marv 0-7 in the playoffs? - Benton - 01-21-2017, 11:20 AM
RE: Why is Marv 0-7 in the playoffs? - McC - 01-24-2017, 02:27 PM