Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Preferential Treatment???
Are we really supposed to care about players behavior anymore than the behavior of our own kids and families? I don't think so. 
Most of these guys are paid enough money that few of them should ever have to do an honest days work once they leave the league and many won't. 
They allegedly represent our hometowns ,but few of them are from the towns or live in them and for a few dollars more in their inflated contracts will play elsewhere. 
Media loves to throw around the term 'football smarts' which is about a meaningless term as you can find. So when they say and do stupid things I chalk it up to being just like the rest of us with the exception of the fact that many are millionaires and can afford to pay high price lawyers to get them off or higher priced PR firms to spin their stupidity as 'locker room banter' or similar type nonsense. 
I watch football for the entertainment and short of Arron Hernandez type behavior I could care less what they say or do off the field.  I highly doubt that many are the squeeky clean types that the teams portray them as being and if a few believe themselves to be the special snowflake then so what? They're generally put on the pedestal from jr high school onwards and treated like royalty and we're supposed to care if they do or don't act like spoiled  divas? I've had the flu for the past week. I got more important things to worry about. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More Preferential Treatment??? - grampahol - 01-21-2017, 11:37 AM