Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kipers 1st mock draft 1st round
(01-20-2017, 07:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I like him, but don't love him for this team...He played much more at LDE and rotated inside at the 3 spot and the Bengals need a speed outside guy at RDE.  I don't want to play musical chairs with him and Dunlap.  

He is a very high-character guy, and plays with great instincts, but I see more of a speed option available in Round 2 at RDE.  

Solomon seems very versatile and he just plays violent. I like Defensive players like this, he is physical, has great burst
off the snap and like you said has great instincts. I think he would instantly improve our pass rush and our team as a
whole. Cannot ask much more from your 1st round pick.

I do like Taco Charlton, Walker or McKinley a lot as well if they make it to us in the 2nd.

(01-20-2017, 07:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is not necessarily what I WANT to happen, but one of the most likely scenarios I could see is that Cook is gone, as are the top 2 or 3 pass rushers, and the Bengals slide to around 17 and compile an additional second rounder.

If they do this, they could address the vacancy at G, RB, RDE, and possibly more if AJM is dealt, all with top 50 talent.  

I don't know if i would like us to trade back THAT far but i would be for trading back if Cook and the top pass rusher are gone.

Might be able to pick up Solomon at 12 or 13 and get an extra pick, that would be awesome.

(01-20-2017, 11:21 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Give me Mike Williams (WR), Foster (LB), or Cook (RB) at 9th pick.  I know the Bengals need rushing DE but I do not like reaching in draft based on need.  The 9th pick should be a superior athlete that will have impact.  Either of those aforementioned players would meet that criteria.  

I know many will not like this, but do not be surprised if they select Cam Robinson and move him to RT.  I do not know where Og fits on this team.  He cannot play RT, LT, and he is not a kicker.  Fisher will probably be used in Jumbo sets or as TE in packages. That is; unless both Og and Fisher miraculously develop over the next year this off season.  If the team does not re-signs Whit  then I cannot see the team passing on Robinson.  It would be a disaster.  I personally see the team letting big Z walk and experiment with TJ Johnson at guard.  

Also, the 2017 draft for the Bengals will come down to who they re-sign.  If the Bengals re-sign Lafell, then I think they leave Williams off their board for round 1.  I no longer have any faith in Hill.  I do not know if the team re-signs Burkhead.  IF they don't I could see them signing Cook given Gio's injury history and Peerman is basically a ST ace.

Solomon Thomas i believe is a superior athlete and would have an immediate impact IMHO.

If the team lets Zeitler walk and experiments with TJ at RG we are in trouble man, that is seriously frightening.

(01-20-2017, 09:38 PM)Burma Wrote: That's a pretty bold statement, Nate.  Do you have any supporting evidence?  I have found nothing online that indicates that Foster gets lost.  Quite the opposite, in fact.  Everything I have read, wacthed, and heard, no hyperbole here either, shows his play diagnosis skills are unmatched both in coverage and run.  I have seen things that indicate his coverage technique needs polished, but not a single source anywhere has said he gets lost.  

Edit**

Wait, I found something that says he looks at the QBs eyes too long at times.  It's from some internet random named "J49ers19" posting on SBNation.  Not exactly Mike Mayock, but ok.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2017/1/6/14195982/lb-reuben-foster-alabama-scouting-report

Christ, after watching those gifs I want him at 9 now.  Damn, that kid is exciting.

Yeah, Foster is an exciting player, i get why people like the guy and i would be fine with the pick.

I was just hoping for a LB that was great in coverage. But this could be correctable with Foster so hey, i am for it.

Pass rusher still needs to be addressed though, big time.

(01-20-2017, 10:52 PM)Whatever Wrote: "Coverage against the pass will never be a strength"

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Draft-Scouting-Reports/Scouting-Report-Reuben-Foster.asp

"Savvy quarterbacks can manipulate Foster with their eyes and he'll lose track of receivers around him, closing the gap between them only after the ball is being thrown."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2082714/reuben-foster

This is what i saw, thanks Whatever.

His only weakness pretty much, will have to work on this at the NFL level cause all the QB's he will be facing are savvy.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Kipers 1st mock draft 1st round - Jpoore - 01-19-2017, 12:55 PM
RE: Kipers 1st mock draft 1st round - ZWP - 01-20-2017, 08:35 PM
RE: Kipers 1st mock draft 1st round - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-21-2017, 03:54 PM