Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Marvin's interview about the off-season
(01-20-2017, 09:23 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Look at it from the players point of view: if you get a contract here, it's about as close to fully guaranteed as you'll get in the NFL. There blind loyalty is their best weapon and biggest downfall. And I think you're right with AD to texans. I am starting to really like Bill O'Brien coached teams. 

I don't. I think he's one of the most conservative coaches.

He inherited one of the best defenses in the weakest division in the NFL. They've had some of the worst offenses in awhile, and that's what they always lacked. They've had a defense.

Last year, they averaged 17.4 points a game. Tied for 28th with Chicago. Only teams worse were the Jets, Browns, and Rams.

They've been in the lower half in points and yards for his 3 years being there.

"But he doesn't have a QB". They signed Osweiler.
"Well they didn't have many options". In 2014 they drafted Clowney and had a chance to draft Derek Carr in the 2nd round. That year they also passed on Garoppolo and McCarron.
2015 is a little more difficult. That draft they had no chance at QB.
In 2016, they passed on Lynch, Hackenberg (who KNOWS Bill's offense), Brissett, Cook, and Dak.

They've had chances to do better on offense, and Bill isn't good on offense. Even in Penn State, he wasn't. Hackenberg took HUGE steps back under him.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin's interview about the off-season - wolfkaosaun - 01-21-2017, 09:55 PM