Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kipers 1st mock draft 1st round
(01-22-2017, 01:35 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: I really wish it were that easy ,You play to win you dont play to make the playoffs.Everyone acts like Making the playoffs is a big deal..in my eyes we are still in the 90s because we havent done anything diffrent since then other than make the playoffs.If our goal as fans was to win a super bowl instead of making the playoffs we might go farther,and if someone asks me what position i play for the bengals i tell them i play the position of spending 1k+ on tickets every season ,paying taxes on the stadium they use ,so yes it goes beyond taking credit for someone elses accomplishments when your this invested in the team.I work and i have a family and a normal life but i still take it personal when we lose or win.i guess im a loser for living and dying by my team

First of all, that does not make you a loser.  It has NOTHING to do with us.  Sorry, but it doesn't.  Do you think that the Patriot Fans that watched a loser forever are suddenly better fans because their team wins now?  Hell, no.  

And it is FAR easier said than done, I know, but at this point of my life, starting at 50 on the horizon, I just try to avoid steeler fan ignorance and enjoy the positives in my life.  Yes, my football team has never won a championship.  My father, at 84 years young, goes to every home game with my.  I have four seats, and my son, daughter, son-in-law, and wife rotate around the other two.  I want more than just about anything to see a Super Bowl Championship for our Bengals while my dad is still here to see it.  But I won't let it ruin my life if they don't.  There are far too many good things in my life to dwell on the negativity that often surrounds NFL football.  

I do remember my dad waking me up as a child to watch Johnny Bench bat in the playoffs and celebrating a couple World Series Championships.  Those were special memories that I would love to have again with my son and to share it with three generations would be amazing.  FWIW, I love the Reds and Buckeyes, but they aren't even in the same stratosphere as my love for the Bengals.  I can't explain it, but they are my top sports team and second place is miles behind.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Kipers 1st mock draft 1st round - Jpoore - 01-19-2017, 12:55 PM
RE: Kipers 1st mock draft 1st round - SHRacerX - 01-22-2017, 02:52 PM
RE: Kipers 1st mock draft 1st round - ZWP - 01-20-2017, 08:35 PM