Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You drafted a Guard in the 1st Round...he developed...now Pay Zeitler!
(01-21-2017, 04:26 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I want to keep Zeitler too, but it's all about the money. I just can't see paying him north of $8 million. $6-7 million a year would be ideal, but 8 is about the cap. I understand he's young, I understand he's in his prime, and I understand that overall he has played well. However, he's not a top tier guard. Blame the C and RT all you want, but his play was bad this year. Paying him top guard money ($10 million or close to) doesn't make any sense.

I know a lot of people would rather keep Zeitler than Whitworth, but I'd much rather keep Whitworth and Kirkpatrick than Zeitler. While there is money, I just don't see the Bengals keeping all 3 and the only way I see them keeping 2 is if Zeitler is the odd man out. Now the team could make some cuts and free up additional money to sign these guys and improve the roster, but we know that's not going to happen. The Bengals are one of the best at honoring contracts, but they do it to a fault.

And the Steelers paid DeCastro $11 million. You're not going to get an elite Guard for $6-7 million a year.

The Bengals should be able to keep Whitworth, Zeitler, AND Kirkpatrick with their $46 million in cap space. Zeitler and Kirkpatrick made around $7.5 million this year...and Whitworth made $10 million. They should fit in?

Why save money by not signing Zeitler? We don't sign high priced external free agents. If it's to retain some future player...they'll just let them walk if they think they ask for so much.

The goal is to win...not worry about if Mike Brown got a good value or paid more than you think a guy is worth.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: You drafted a Guard in the 1st Round...he developed...now Pay Zeitler! - THE PISTONS - 01-22-2017, 07:09 PM