Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You drafted a Guard in the 1st Round...he developed...now Pay Zeitler!
(01-22-2017, 07:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And the Steelers paid DeCastro $11 million. You're not going to get an elite Guard for $6-7 million a year.

The Bengals should be able to keep Whitworth, Zeitler, AND Kirkpatrick with their $46 million in cap space. Zeitler and Kirkpatrick made around $7.5 million this year...and Whitworth made $10 million. They should fit in?

Why save money by not signing Zeitler? We don't sign high priced external free agents. If it's to retain some future player...they'll just let them walk if they think they ask for so much.

The goal is to win...not worry about if Mike Brown got a good value or paid more than you think a guy is worth.

Zeitler is nowhere near DeCastro in proiduction. Boling outperformed Zeitler this year so why should Zeitler get almost double what Boling makes?

I understand wanting to keep a young guy like Zeitler. However, he is not worth breaking the bank over. I get that the team should be able to sign all 3, but why overpay on Zeitler? I'd have no issue giving him big money if his play deserved it, but it doesn't. $8 million would be my absolute max. If he balks, he walks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: You drafted a Guard in the 1st Round...he developed...now Pay Zeitler! - muskiesfan - 01-23-2017, 01:34 PM